Emily was designed by William Fife III and built at Williams Fife’s shipyard in 1924 as an International 8 Metre racing yacht.
After being British Eight Metre champion in 1924 and beating Blue red, she took the silver medal for Great Britain at the Olympics in Le Havre.
In 1998/99 she was rebuilt to original plans by David Vieira’s yard.
During her reappearance at the europeans in 1999, Emily was the winner of the concours the Elegance with other eights such as Aria, Bamba and Carron II sailing in the Coupe the Cartier.
Currently she sets sail at Lake Constance / Bodensee
- 8 metre
- Naval Architect
- William Fife III
- William Fife & Sons
- 1924/ rebuild 1999
- 8.00 m
- 2.6 m
- Hull material
- Carvel Tola planking on oak frames Silicon bronze fastened to laminated mahogany frames
- Nanni 21 Hp diesel (2009); removable for Regattas
- Lake Constance / Bodensee
- â‚¬ 220.000,- VAT paid